Sunday, November 27, 2011

Author's Tone in One Page of the Book (#7)

Pg. 392
December 25th, 1987
Van Nuys, 9:30 a.m.

"I don't know how I survived the last year but I know there has to be a reason. Today for the first time ever I don't care about the outcome or the whys and whens. I just wanna live. I woke up happy. I can't believe it. I didn't wake up with my head screaming and my instincts telling me to run and hide inside a needle or inside a coffin, whichever comes first... as long as I became numb or better yet dead... I want to live and I don't know why.
Hey...why ask why...I'm going to go wake Karen up and tell her "Merry Christmas". I think I'll even call the guys in the band."

In this page of the book, I feel that Sixx has finally realized how good his life can be. He seems to have a very sincere tone and for once he is caring about the people in his life. After the arguments he's had with his band, it was a bold move for him to call them to wish a merry Christmas. The last 12 months was a roller coaster for everyone involved, and nobody thought he would make it this far. Perhaps an over night epiphany has Nikki's heart warmed and started on a new way of life. From this point on, it seems that his optomistic tone in the passage above sticks with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment